Save The Date: Saturday October 17th, 2015
AMERICA TRUE’S Annual
‘Rock The Boat’ Kayak Event!
More information to come.
The Innes Avenue Coalition was formed in November, 1994, in response to plans to build a second power plant in our neighborhood. The Friends of India Basin was formed in 1996 as a park stewardship organization. In 2000, the groups merged to form the India Basin Neighborhood Association.
The history of India Basin is a curious combination of industry and open space, business and pleasure. The name India Basin first appeared on a map in 1868, but theories as to its origin remain murky. The Most Unexceptional guess is that India Basin is named for the ships from the India Rice Mill Company, which docked there in the 19th century. A more creative explanation has it that it was so named because water from nearby springs would stay fresh until a ship reached India.
Check us out and “Like” us on Facebook.
|Board of Directors||Bylaws|
IBNA holds official seats on:
- Citizens Advisory Committee to the Hunters Point Shipyard Redevelopment Area (CAC)
- Citizens Advisory Committee to the Bayview Hunters Point Neighborhood (CAC)
and belongs to:
- Alliance for a Clean Waterfront
- Bayview Neighborhood Council
- Neighborhood Parks Council
- Eastern Waterfront Neighborhood Coalition
IBNA members advise citywide on: