The New Year is off to an interesting start, no rain but a lot of our signature sunshine. Our Web site is new and we hope you will visit it often. We hope to keep you up to date and inspired by the events happening in our midst. Best wishes for health, wealth, and happiness in the coming year!
Highlights from the past year:
- Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) was the best ever with over 100 neighbors coming together discussing mutual concerns, drinking beer and renewing friendships.
- We had a fantastic Egg Hunt this past year held at India Basin Shoreline Park. Led by the indomitable Easter Bunny we hid over 500 eggs most of which were actually found. More and more neighborhood kids come every year to this free event.
- In response to neighborhood concerns over the increasing homeless encampments on our streets, IBNA hosted a community meeting with neighbors and city authorities to study our options. as a result, this problem has diminished.
- This was an election year and IBNA hosted meeting with most of the Mayoral candidates and all the candidates we talked to endorsed our Community Vision (Available elsewhere on this Website).
- IBNA has begun an ongoing conversation with our new District 10 Supervisor and the new Director of DPW to identify some of the infrastructure shortcomings in our neighborhood. Although this is an ongoing process, to date we have seen the clean up of Fitch Street, the repaving of the last block of Innes Avenue, and increased attention to eradicating the graffiti in the neighborhood.