Minutes

Meeting Minutes 5-1-2021 (Draft)

India Basin Neighborhood Association

BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S MEETING AGENDA

May 1, 2021 @ 9:00 am

Via ZOOM Meeting
ITEM 1. 9:00     BOARD CHECK IN

  • Roll Call / Quorum: present Jill, Michael, Sean and Max. Michael is hosting the meeting
  • Review Agenda
  • Board Member Check-in / Announcements
  • Review / Approve Minutes April 2021

ITEM 2. 9:15     IBNA MANAGEMENT

ITEM 3. 9:45     PROJECTS

  • Manwaring Letters, project update (Sean)
    • PUC is going to move to the new location; need to by end of May
    • The current location is in the empty wall next to Arrelious Walker
    • Discussion with Rec and Park, Build Inc, all in agreement
    • IBNA will review if it can tag-proof them at one of our community events
  • Business Membership updates and outreach (Max)
    • Max presented his proposal (sent via email), general agreement to proceed with it.
    • Jill and Max will work on wording and will present to the Board at the next meeting, for the vote.
  • Paint the Void murals (Max)
    • Max reached out to Paint the Void project to host some of their murals on fences in India Basin (e.g. along Innes and Westbrook)
    • General agreement from IBNA. Max is waiting for Andrew to respond to his proposal
  • Tree cutouts and planters on Innes (Michael and Max)
    • Michael and Max will work on a prototype
  • 900 Innes (Jill)
    • Environment remediation is scheduled to start on May 31st
  • Shoreline Park (Jill)
    • Received a grant to do the mural on the basketball court
    • IBNA will be involved in the activation of the mural
  • Kayaks Event (Jill)
    • Kayak Unlimited is open to do another event this year, September or October
    • Last time we had 200 people (100 people on the water)
    • Need to decide if we have the bandwidth to do that (permits, tents, food from Recology, etc)
    • AI: Jill will send a list of tasks from the last event to the Board
  • Heron’s Head Park (Jill)
    • Kid’s playground survey is on IBNA website and in the newsletter
  • PG&E Plaza (Jill)
    • Moving forward. Big decision: will there be a retail location?
    • No fence will be installed but can be installed later
  • PG&E Tank Lot Development (Jill)
    • IBNA to support this effort; voted in favor
  • Amazon move (Jill)
    • Amazon is moving to District 10, discussions about their contributions to the community
  • Bike Path (Michael)
    • Five Points sent the letter opposing interim bike path across the Northside park
    • Michael is talking with the Port to ask PG&E to open the bike path through their lot (since the Port path is closed for at least 4-5 months)

ITEM 7. 11:00   REVIEW AND ADJOURN

  • Michael is Chair for the next monthly meeting

IBNA BOARD

Seat 1: Monica Padilla-Stemmelen: up in 2022

Seat 2: David Springer: up in 2022

Seat 3: TBD: up in 2022

Seat 4: Jill Fox up in 2020

Seat 5: TBD: up in 2020

Seat 6: Sean Karlin: up in 2020

Seat 7: Richard Laufman: up in 2021

Seat 8: Michael Hamman: up in 2021

Seat 9: Max Khusid: up in 2021