Board of Directors Meeting
December 01, 2012
9:20AM Meeting Called to Order: Quorum Present.
Members Present: Michael Hamman, Sean Karlin, Jill Fox, Brian Stott, Richard Laufman, Sue Ellen Smith, and Allen Frazier (potential member).
Members Absent: Michael Cocagne and Steve LaPlante.
9:21AM Approval of Meeting Minutes:
MH makes motion to approve minutes from November 3, 2012; SK seconds motion; all approve.
9:22AM Chairman’s Report:
- Update on EPA status: EPA calls for mtg w/ IBNA; MH & SK will meet w/ them. EPA wants to present addt’l options; MH will report back to Board.
- AGM Thursday, February, 07 2012: BS is securing date from Forest.
- Alma/Year of the Bay: MH recaps the Alma’s visit to India Basin.
9:50AM Treasurer’s Report:
MC submitted financials to Board via e-mail; review & discussion.
9:52AM Secretary’s Report:
- Correspondence: letters in support of Western SOMA to go out.
- Update on the IBNA e-mail list: SES created a manual for managing the IBNA e-mail list & will send out to Board.
- New board member profiles on web site: SES will put photos & bios on website, & asks that Board members provide dates to update their bios.
10:00AM Other Reports:
- Update on Membership: BS reports IBNA has 28 paid members & 10 paid biz sponsors. BS will do a postcard for the AGM; JF will do a blurb, & special order a sticker the right size for the postcard. After discussion, the Board decides that the Membership chair will send an e-mail out to members 12 months after joining, asking the member to renew membership, then sort membership list by active & inactive members.
10:10AM Old Business:
- Legal Status of Association: Allen expressed an interest in researching the different statuses for IBNA, pending Board vote.
10:15AM New Business:
- Vote on New Board Member: After discussion, SES nominates Allen Frazier to fill vacant Board seat; SK 2d’s motion; all approve.
- Begin Planning AGM: MH will contact Meredith Thomas @ Parks Alliance re attending the AGM to present the park proposal during the AGM.
- Parking signs on Innes: JF voices dissatisfaction with the restricted parking signs posted on Innes, which were posted after a large community mtg w/ the SFPD over the homeless campers parking & living in RV’s. Extensive discussion.
- Request for Letters of Support for:
- Berkeley Farms permit appeal: Board approves.
- Western SOMA Plan: Board approves.
iii. Quint Street bypass road: Board approves.
- Concern for repairs of 900 Innes: MH, with Board approval, will pursue all avenues to raise awareness about condition of 900 Innes Avenue.
11:35AM Future Agenda. MH asks Board members to submit future agenda items.
SK makes motion to adjourn; AF 2d’s; all approve.