Board of Directors Meeting
August 04, 2012
9:23AM Meeting Called to Order: Quorum Present.
Members Present: Michael Hamman, Jill Fox, Sean Karlin, Steve LaPlante, and Sue Ellen Smith (Pauline Peele also present).
Members Absent: Brian Stott, Michael Cocagne, Richard Laufman.
9:24AM No Approval of Meeting Minutes from June 02, 2012 (not done).
9:24AM Chairman’s Report:
- Discussion of Houseboat: boat was ticketed for 3rd time by SFPD; discussion of who to contact to remove blight, including Off. Sue Lavin.
- ARC Ecology: members expressed dismay over 1st mtg in July re review of Navy’s recommendation for Parcel E-2. ARC seems to be pushing for excavation & mtg was slanted that way. ARC is our consultant; Board directs SES to contact Barbara Ockel @ BV Opera House & cancel 8/8/12 mtg. Discussion of ARC’s actions w/o consulting w/ IBNA. Board calls Saul Bloom & arranges mtg to discuss funding & future meetings w/ public.
10:12AM Treasurer’s Report: submitted by Michael Cocagne; discussion of EPA funds & payment of ARC’s consultant fees.
10:14AM Secretary’s Report:
- Correspondence: none
- Logo issues: Cab completed; all approved & appreciated his work.
- Letter of thanks to Robert: done 2 months ago
- Update on the IBNA e-mail list: still a work in progress.
- New board member profiles on web site: need SLP & MC
10:15AM Other Reports:
- Update on Membership by Brian: postponed.
10:15AM Old Business:
- America True Event – Finalize Plans (see below)
- Legal status of Association – postponed until MC can be present.
10:20AM New Business:
- Seek new board member: discussion of whom to approach for vacant seat (Kathryn Altamore’s). Possibly include resident of Hillside Village?
10:25AM Future Agendas: tabled.
11:00AM Meeting with America True
Dan Leininger of America’s True attended meeting to discuss the Free Boating Day in India Basin. Ted Choi can only offer kayaks on 9/22, which is not good for everyone else. 10/13/12 is agreed upon date. JF suggests that Dan contact 2 groups: BASK (Bay Area Sea Kayakers) & Beau ___ . JF also suggested contacting BlueGreenway & SFPark & Rec for their support, & possible use of their kayaks. MH said he & Kristine Enea will each lend 2 kayaks. America’s True has insurance coverage for the event (it is a 501(c)(3)). JF suggests Dan reach out to Hunters Point Family Foundation to spread word to their clients – tons of kids who would enjoy the boating. Invite all partners to meeting @ 11AM, Sept. 8th (after regular Board meeting), and then meet at first Saturday in October to finalize plans.