Board of Directors Meeting
February 2, 2013
9:24AM Meeting Called to Order: Quorum Present.
Members Present: Michael Hamman, Sean Karlin, Jill Fox, Brian Stott, Richard Laufman, Sue Ellen Smith, and Allen Frazier.
Members Absent: Steve LaPlante, and Michael Cocagne.
9:25AM Approval of Meeting Minutes:
MH makes motion to approve minutes from January 12, 2013; RL seconds motion; all approve.
9:26AM Chairman’s Report:
- Update on EPA status: MH met w/ EPA; they want additional docs. Navy gave a list of their activities for 2013. EPA wants to know if IBNA will seek the available funds. IBNA will look at alternatives to rip-rap (natural beach).
- Update on Berkeley Farms demo: MH reported on continuing story of the illegal demolition of the Berkeley Farms building (under an alteration permit). Letters submitted in favor of a re-hearing; hearing will be held on 2/20/13 @ 5PM, City Hall, Room 416.
- Update on Director’s Hearing: 900 Innes is subject to a Director’s Hearing on 2/5/13 @ 9AM, 1660 Mission Street, Room 2001. Members will attend & focus on 4 issues/demands: historical roof; historical sidings/doors/windows; trash removal; & owner to pay for plaque. Also ask that any fines be levied against the property, if possible.
- Update on Sale of Land: 900 Innes listed for sale for $3 Million. Will this help in the acquisition effort or make it more difficult? Discussion.
- Update on BlueGreenway Walk: Walk will take place on 2/15/13 @ 11AM. Sup. Scott Wiener will attend walk, along with others from Parks Alliance, BlueGreenway, etc. After walk, group will come to the Barn for a catered lunch & presentation by Marcel Wilson. MH, JF, & SK to attend.
10:10AM Treasurer’s Report:
MC submitted financials to Board via e-mail; review & discussion.
10:11AM Secretary’s Report:
- Correspondence: letter sent in support of Berkeley Farms hearing.
- New board member profiles on web site: AF will accept yahoo.group invitation and will submit a photo & bio.
- Berkeley Farms hearing talking points: SES will e-mail “talking points” to Board and IBNA members in advance of hearing. JF to send e- mail to Better Bayview list. SES to send to Dan Dodt & his group as well.
10:26AM Other Reports:
- Update on Membership: BS has 6 paid memberships for 2013. Goal for the AGM is to achieve 35 memberships, and 15 business sponsors.
10:27AM Old Business:
- Legal Status of Association: AF will present his preliminary findings at a special Board meeting on this topic Friday, 2/22/13 @ 6:30PM.
- AGM: Outreach: JF will send out e-blast to Better Bayview list; IBNA. JF will post flyers @ parks, etc. MH will post to Dan Dodt; Potrero Hill; SK will reach out to Potrero View newspaper. Food: BS will budget $150 for food. Arrival time: be there by 3PM. Agenda for Meeting: i) IBNA accomplishments; ii) Become a member!; iii) Show up for 900 Innes hearing, or write a letter in support; and iv) election: vote for slate. Board: JF will get special hats for Board members to wear to identify them, rather than special nametags.
10:50AM New Business:
10:51AM Future Agenda items.
- Easter Egg Hunt: March 30th is the Egg Hunt date. MH to reach out to Marcel @ Recology re doing the BBQ, and will contact Erin Farrell re bringing on her AmeriCorps volunteers, who did a fantastic job last year.
SK makes motion to adjourn; AF 2d’s; all approve.